Saturday, November 18, 2017

Saturday in the Park

I think it was two-thousand and six...

So today's itinerary was: sleep in, breakfast at Cafe Soma, shopping at the food market, browse the Internet back at the house, munch on beef jerky for lunch, work on one of my guideline documents, dinner at Roadhouse Cafe, post to the blog while watching a Premier League football game on the TV, and try to sleep on the hard mattress.

"Strong" latte at Cafe Soma

Sure, it might sound boring, but this Saturday was very much like many of the Saturdays that I spent here last year. Things to do seem to have settled in, especially once the TV in the guest house got fixed just in time for the North London Derby.

Arsenal 2, Tottenham 0, my sister would be happy... I'm happy the TV is back

I haven't decided yet if I'll watch the India-Sri Lanka cricket test match tomorrow. That may be too much back to normal.

I went out for dinner last night with my 3 housemates, our first night out together. I don't know if there will be many others between now and Friday when I leave. My housemates do tend to keep to themselves (as do I, as many of you know). They have each settled into their routines and now I have settled into mine. We will we having dinner together tomorrow night as the lead engineer has invited us to her place for dinner. It will be Newari food so I'll see how much I will be able to eat. I did request momo's...

One thing that is new is the street parades for next week's election. They have been peaceful, not like the political protest marches that I occasionally saw last year. They have also been loud, as each parade has been led by a van blasting traditional Nepali music. I have to say that I'm not a fan of the music. I am happy that the marches have been peaceful. These are the first congressional elections in Nepal under the new constitution so there is some nervousness that things could get ugly, but so far so good.


I remember the last time I was in Nepal during an election things did get ugly, but not in Nepal...

No comments:

Post a Comment