Friday, November 24, 2017

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Today is my last day in Nepal for this trip. I didn't get up early enough to take a new sunrise picture, so I'll use one of the ones that I took last week.



Last night my colleagues and I had Thanksgiving dinner. We ended up at an Italian restaurant since the place we had originally planned to go to have meat closed early. So instead of turkey and potatoes, Thanksgiving dinner was pizza and pasta. As promised, we did have pumpkin pie for dessert, though it took a while for the wait staff to bring us the pie. We were beginning to suspect that they had eaten it themselves...








The only thing missing was the whipped cream for the pie. I was told that if I come back to Nepal next Thanksgiving then they would have pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

I was asked several times yesterday when I would be coming back to Nepal. I imagine I will get similar questions today when I go to the office for the last time. There is a lot happening in Nepal right now, a lot more than I had originally thought was happening when I agreed to come here, so they really want me to come back and stay a while. I would like to, but I really don't know how yet. Of course when I left last year I didn't know if I would come back...

I was asked by one of my colleagues which of the countries that I worked for Build Change in that I liked the most. It was like asking a parent which child he or she likes the best. While I like all of the countries and all of the offices, there is a special place in my heart for Indonesia and Nepal. Indonesia was the first country that I worked in, so it is like my first born child. Nepal is the baby in the family. I do have the feeling that this will not be my last trip here.

I'm treating myself to flying home in Business Class for the first time. I'm excited to see if I will be able to actually sleep on the plane now that I will get to lie down and won't have anyone sitting next to me. If I get used to Business Class and can afford it, I may make more trips to Nepal, or for that matter Indonesia...

No comments:

Post a Comment