Monday, November 13, 2017

Here I go again...

Somehow I had a feeling I would be back here again...

I’m enjoying a latte at Top of the World and it feels like I never left. The latte is still good, the bacon is still very good, the employees are the same, and the mostly foreigner clientele is still mostly foreigners. And yes, CNN is still on the TV talking about Trump. The neighborhood looks the same but I can already see some changes. There are a couple of new buildings, a couple of houses that have been repainted, and the road has been repaved. Well, part of it anyway. In Nepal that is progress...

The multi-story building in the back is new. It was a vacant lot last year.
No progress on the vacant lot that was cleared out last year though.

The lattes are still good

I find it hard to believe now that for 2 months last year this was my home. To some degree that time seems so far away now. I wonder if I can fit back into the community in the same way that I did before. Even though it feels like I never left, it still feels different somehow.

One thing that is different is that there are 3 other people now staying in the guest house, which I had pretty much to myself last year. Because of this I was assigned the smallest bedroom rather than the master bedroom that I stayed in before. This might require more of an adjustment than anything else over the next two weeks. Well, that and the fact that they changed the Wi-Fi password...

It is the dawn of a new day...


No comments:

Post a Comment