Saturday, October 22, 2016

Morning in Kathmandu

The Internet at the guest house isn't working so I'm posting this on the cell phone that Build Change gave me yesterday. It's a Galaxy phone so I'm still getting used to using it, so my apologies in advance if there are any typos or formatting issues.

Perhaps the most difficult part of this adventure is getting here in the first place.  No matter which direction you go or which airline you take it's still over a day's journey (two days when the time change is included). I felt exhausted when I finally got here, even though I hardly did any walking. It's a test of endurance, which I'm glad to say I survived.

The Build Change staff welcomed me well, with hugs, handshakes, and a free lunch. They seem really happy to see me, which is great except that now I gotta live up to their expectations...

Right after that I had my first experience shopping at a Kathmandu supermarket. I was surprised at the number of food items that I could identify. I was also surprised that they charge for bags here too. So it's not just a California thing ;)

Because of the long plane flight and the lack of a working Internet, I've been cutoff from the news back home. I hope I haven't missed anything.

The guest house is pretty nice, they even bought a microwave for me. ;) It was a little spooky last night since I'm the only one staying here. It didn't keep me awake though,  I was too tired...

One of the good things about jet lag is I'm awake early enough to see the sunrise. I'll post a photo of the one this morning once I figure out how too with this phone.

The adventure begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment