Tuesday, October 25, 2016

And now for some photos...

Starting with Patan Durbur Square, one of 3 squares in the Kathmandu area that are the site of many Hindu temples and royal palaces. I visited Patan last year and I wanted to come back and see if any progress has been made on restoring the temples that were heavily damaged by the earthquake. There hasn't been much progress. Construction fencing has gone up and there was some work going on, but there is still much to do. The government and the temple authorities are still struggling with how to restore the historic temples. There are many who want them restored exactly the same as they were before, but if they do that then the temples will probably collapse again in the next earthquake. I heard that base isolation is being considered but there is a high cost for that.

A quick shout out to my friends at F/E: when I heard that base isolation was being considered I tossed your name out there in case you would consider doing work in Nepal...













 


No comments:

Post a Comment