Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Kathmandu Durbur Square

There are three squares in the Kathmandu area that are the site of castles and large Hindu shrines. Patan Durbur Square is one of them. Kathmandu Durbur Square is another. I didn't get a chance to visit Kathmandu square when I was here last year, but I had heard that there was a lot of earthquake damage. I was able to visit the square and what I heard was true, there was still a lot of damage, and there wasn't as much evidence of progress in reconstruction here as there was at Patan, as little as there was there. There were however a lot of guys pestering me to be a tour guide, for a fee of course. I can understand the need to make money but these guys were very persistent, which to be truthful spoiled the experience somewhat. Still it was an interesting place to visit and would recommend it to anyone traveling to Kathmandu. Just make sure to bring along a tour guide or someone who can act like one...



















No comments:

Post a Comment